About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
I'm a stay at home mom and wife with a passion for family, creating and photography. I'm a little bit quirky and a little bit odd, but that's what makes me...well me. I'm a jack of all trades. So check back often because, to paraphrase Forest Gump's mom "I'm like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A brief introduction..

Who am I?


I'm a stay at home mom of a wonderful, but sometime mischievous toddler and the wife of loving, but often mischievous husband. Both are the loves of my life and my driving force. My husband travels with his work so most of the time it is just me and my son. My family all live at least a nine hour drive away, and my husband's family is three. Because of that we opted for me to stay at home with our son. It just wasn't cost effective for me to return to work. So I became a domestic goddess. Since leaving the workforce I have struggled with trying to find myself. I always had some kind of job, unless I was in a school situation that didn't allow me to work. So for almost the past three years I have been struggling to find a way to contribute to the family. I know that raising a child is reward enough, but it doesn't help pay the bills.

I've been trying to find a way to incorporate my skills with a way to bring in an extra cash flow. I'm sort of a jack of all trades, and have ideas galore. It's just the implementation I have problems with. I love to cook, bake, garden and craft. I tried my hand at cake decorating for awhile. I'm pretty good at it, but I just couldn't find a passion for it.

I still make them from time to time for friends, but as a business I just found that the time that it took from my son wasn't worth it. I kicked around other ideas up-cycled crafts, paper making, and scrapbook supplies just to name a few. I did actually start selling on eBay.  All my ideas seem to lead me back to one thing. Photography.

Photography has always been a love of mine. Since about the age of 9 I can remember being a photo bug. My first camera was a disc camera in junior high. I graduated to a pink leClick camera in early high school. Nothing remarkable in these days, no child prodigy work. It wasn't until high school that I my interest started to  be peaked, developing in to a romance in college. The romance dwindled for awhile, but since the birth of my son it has developed to a near obsession. 

This is my journey, in no particular order.....








No comments: