About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
I'm a stay at home mom and wife with a passion for family, creating and photography. I'm a little bit quirky and a little bit odd, but that's what makes me...well me. I'm a jack of all trades. So check back often because, to paraphrase Forest Gump's mom "I'm like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shooting fireworks (part one)

I took all these shots over the course of the Fourth of July weekend. I had some of my friends ask me for the settings that I used to take them. These are the first in the series. Most of the shots here have very little tweaking in editing and no cropping. I included before and after to illustrate how little editing was done with these photos. This was the first Fourth of July I had my Rebel so I was excited to take photos of fireworks, I couldn't be happier with how they turned out.

The first set were taken out at Buckeye Lake. This is our usual spot to watch fireworks. Actually this is our favorite picnic spot. The dog gets to swim and Sage enjoys throwing rocks in the water here. I have gotten some of my best silhouette shots at this location.






Just remember location is key when shooting fireworks. The next two were the only shots I was able to get at Whetstone park. They are shot off from behind trees and we just haven't been able to find a great view place here yet.




The next fireworks installment I'll focus on cropping.

No comments: