About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
I'm a stay at home mom and wife with a passion for family, creating and photography. I'm a little bit quirky and a little bit odd, but that's what makes me...well me. I'm a jack of all trades. So check back often because, to paraphrase Forest Gump's mom "I'm like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Artistic Mother

It's been forever since I've decided to sit down and actually read a book. At least since before my child was born (four almost five years ago). I've always been too busy. At least that's what I tell myself. I found a book call The Artistic Mother by Shona Cole at Barnes and Noble this past Christmas season while doing some gift shopping. At the time I didn't have the money to spend $28 on myself. Today all the payments from my first upcoming mini session marathon cleared the bank, we finally got rent on our rental house for the first time in 8 months, and we found out our taxes are on the way. So I decided to collect all my gift cards and treat myself.

I've just started reading it but I am loving her girlfriend approach to finding your artistic side, scheduling time to exercise your inner artist and controlling your inner critic. I'm so excited to read more. 

As I said I'm also preparing for my first marathon mini shoot. I have two tomorrow and four on Sunday. My subject will be boudoir, simply because there was a demand and client base for it. See a need, fill a need. Here is a photo from my pre-shoot with the woman hosting it. I'm so excited, but I'm nervous at the same time. Hopefully this goes well. I'm already in the planning stages of a spring woodland themed children's mini session marathon for Easter. This is going to be the year that I get my business truly off the ground. Hopefully the world doesn't end this Yule. =)  Just joking.

No comments: