About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
I'm a stay at home mom and wife with a passion for family, creating and photography. I'm a little bit quirky and a little bit odd, but that's what makes me...well me. I'm a jack of all trades. So check back often because, to paraphrase Forest Gump's mom "I'm like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Stitch in time



Part of my new resolution is to at least post one blog a week about something I do. This week has been a bit insane. I had my marathon boudoir mini sessions last week and only gave myself a week turn around on them. Not the brightest of ideas, but I needed to hustle some cash so I did what I had to do. I'm not going to talk about that though. I'm trying to let my mind settle off that for a while.


Something I like to do to change gears in my mind is cross stitching. I love to stitch it's a great escape with all that counting I can get lost for hours in the repeation of making the little squares. I would love to knit, but I need something I can literally throw down and easily come back.


This was the first major project I finished. I think I pick one of the hardest designs I could find, but every year when I pull this out I can't help being proud of it. It was something I bought on a whim. It spoke to me. I can't tell you how long it took to finish it. Probably 2 years. I would get frustrated with it and put it away, but when I got pregnant I finally got serious about it and finished it by my son's second Christmas.








The next big project I completed was a stocking for my son. This one was a lot easier that the first, but just as amazing. I'm still in the progress of finding the right one for my husband.









I've done several other small projects, but I haven't completed them. The stitching is done, but they are just hanging waiting to become completed projects.












Recently I finished a project for a friend. I actually started this to teach another friend how to stitch. She's a huge a Dr. Who fan so the pattern was her choice. I like Dr. Who but I would've never have done this one otherwise.









Well until next time......



No comments: